Call for #AAM2021 Social Media Journalists
The Alliance is seeking Social Media Journalists for the 2021 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo to help both attendees and non-attendees connect to and engage with conversations leading up to and during #AAM2021 May 24 and June 7-9.
We will evaluate applications based on:
- social media experience, including an established social media following
- innovative ideas for generating conversations around #AAM2021 leading up to, and during, the Annual Meeting
If you are selected to be an #AAM2021 Social Media Journalist, you will receive:
- Complimentary registration to #AAM2021
- Increased visibility for your feeds and posts during the 2021 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo through amplification on AAM feeds and the use of #AAM2021
- A $150 honorarium (to be paid upon completion of responsibilities after post-conference survey)
As an #AAM2021 Social Media Journalist, you will be asked to:
- participate in a 45-minute pre-conference training mid- to late-April
- On May 24 and June 7-9: Be an active social media journalist throughout Annual Meeting programming including sessions, events, and the MuseumExpo, following all social media journalist guidelines provided. No fewer than 8 posts/day (7 posts on Twitter and 1 additional post to either Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook). AAM may request that you attend certain sessions or events based on your interests and AAM’s needs.
- From May 1-23 and May 25-June 7: Actively post about your upcoming participation in #AAM2021 and share and amplify #AAM2021 posts from AAM sharing event information of interest to you (e.g. concurrent sessions, events, etc.) – at least 1/week, across Twitter and 1 other platform of your choice.
- Submit a post-conference survey (to take no longer than 30 minutes to complete)
#AAM2021 Social Media Journalists must attend each day of the conference (May 24 and June 7-9) as well as a pre-conference call. Social Media Journalists are expected to follow any #AAM2021 social media guidelines provided by AAM before and throughout the conference.
Applications are due by March 24. You will be notified as to the status of your application by March 30. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.